Last year’s Los Angeles Times Hero Complex Film Festival included screenings of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan & J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek, a Jon Favreau-hosted double bill of Iron Man and Iron Man 2, and Warren Beatty opened the festival with his 1990 film Dick Tracy. The event sounded like a lot of fun and proved more than insightful with some truly swell panels. The line-up for this year’s iteration of the festival has been announced, and as expected it’s a fun mix of old and new films with special guests galore. Hit the jump for more info.
- Dawn of the Dead (2009) with special guests Zack Snyder and The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman
- Shaun of the Dead with special guest Edgar Wright
- RoboCop with special guest Peter Weller
- A Clockwork Orange with special guest Malcolm McDowell
- SUPER with special guest Rainn Wilson
- Wall-E with special guest Andrew Stanton and a special preview of Pixar’s Brave
- Serenity with special guest Nathan Fillion
- An Evening with Stan Lee
It’s a pretty killer line-up already, and there are sure to be more than a couple of surprise guests. I’d love to catch the Dawn of the Dead/Shaun of the Dead double bill with insight from the zombie experts themselves. Be sure to keep an eye out for more scheduling announcements as they come. General admission tickets go on sale tomorrow, April 26th at 10am PST. You can find more info over at the festival’s official website.