At Thursday night’s Saturn Awards, we landed red carpet video interviews with Gale Anne Hurd, Amy Acker, William Friedkin, and Jonathan Banks. Here’s what was discussed:
- Gale Anne Hurd talked about The Walking Dead, Punisher, the status of Gaiking, and if Walking Dead deserves any of the credit for helping to make World War Z a hit.
- Amy Acker talked about working for Joss Whedon on Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare, Cabin in the Woods, and what’s next.
- William Friedkin talked about how he’d rather work in new genres than repeat himself, whether The Exorcist could be made today, The French Connection Blu-ray, if the perception of Cruising has changed since its release, the resurgence of exorcism films, and more.
- Jonathan Banks talked about Breaking Bad, the last eight episodes, and his future projects. If you haven’t caught up with Breaking Bad, you should not watch this interview.
Hit the jump to watch.
Gale Anne Hurd
- How even though behind-the-scenes they’ve made a number of changes, the show has stayed constant for audiences
- Does she feel like they deserve any credit for helping to make World War Z a huge hit
- How does she decide on what projects are worth her time
- Who has the Punisher rights now
- Talks about Gaiking and how they’re just getting ready to bring a writer on the project
- How challenging is it to do Joss Whedon and William Shakepeare dialogue
- Did she learn anything new about Joss Whedon doing the project
- Talks about Cabin in the Woods
- What’s coming up next
- Talks about how he’s trying to do new stuff rather than repeat himself. Doesn’t like to do sequels.
- Could The Exorcist be made today
- Talks about The French Connection Blu-ray and the different colors. How the first edition was a big mistake
- Has the perception of Cruising changed since its release
- Has he seen Hellraiser
- Does The Exorcist say there is something after death
- Where do the demon characters come from
- Talks about the resurgence of exorcism films
IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH BREAKING BAD DO NOT WATCH THE INTERVIEW BELOW
- How excited is he to see the final eight episodes
- Is he in the last eight episodes
- Did he know what was coming for his character
- The status of Mike’s granddaughter
- Talks about his upcoming projects