I have been in a very 21 Jump Street frame of mind since we posted my set visit coverage this week. So I volunteered to step up for this edition of PSA Sunday, because the original 1980s high school drama put together a solid collection of PSAs that warned teens of the various dangers that served as plot points on the show. Johnny Depp, Peter DeLuise, Holly Robinson Peete, and Dustin Nguyen get very meta in this particular PSA. As the actors stroll down the school hall, they discuss how they would like to present their anti-drug message without sounding “too preachy” if they ever get around to filming such a PSA. Then the number “1-800-COCAINE” magically appears and Peete is scolded because she doesn’t see it. (Just like a woman.) Check it out after the jump.
To be fair, Depp is also visibly taken aback when he almost runs into “COCAINE.” DeLuise is definitely the weird one for being so nonchalant, especially since he started pointing out the number before it appears. They really should have filmed that, if only to capture DeLuise’s premonitory powers on tape.
If you’d like to know more about the 21 Jump Street remake led by Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum which opens on March 16, below are the links for all the set visit coverage:
- 21 Things to Know About 21 JUMP STREET from Our Set Visit
- Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum 21 JUMP STREET Set Visit Interview
- Dave Franco 21 JUMP STREET Set Visit Interview
- Brie Larson 21 JUMP STREET Set Visit Interview
- Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller 21 JUMP STREET Set Visit Interview
- Producer Neal Moritz 21 JUMP STREET Set Visit Interview