21 Percent of Fandango’s Tickets Sales are for TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

     June 11, 2009

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen movie image (3).jpgWhile I’m sure “The Taking of Pelham 123″ or “Year One” would like a slice of the action, it looks like the next big film on the public’s radar is “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”.  According to movie ticket website Fandango, 21% of all of its sales are for Michael Bay’s upcoming robot beat-em-up.  The press release also included other fun statistics which I will now proceed to mock:

81% of respondents say Megan Fox is the one star they’re most excited to see in the new movie. [When pushed to answer honestly, 95% of respondents said Optimus Prime was the one star they were most excited to see; the other 5% answered John Turturro]

76% say they are fans of director Michael Bay. [Of that 76%, 55% said that while they thought Bay was a good fit for the material, they hoped that one day Bernardo Bertolucci would direct a “Transformers” film]

72% say the IMAX presentation of Transformers 2 will be an important part of their moviegoing experience. [The other important part: finally getting to second base]

71% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 68% are male. [Parents need to do a better job of raising their daughters if more women don’t want to see giant robots pummel each other for two and a half hours]

Watch Now
Around The Web

Latest News