With Disneynature’s Oceans hitting theaters on Earth Day (April 22), we’ve been given 5 clips to help promote the release. Narrated by Pierce Brosnan and directed by Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud, Oceans features “spectacular never-before-seen imagery captured by the latest underwater technologies.” At least that’s what the synopsis says.
If you are interested in seeing Oceans, Disneynature will make a contribution to The Nature Conservancy to save coral reefs in honor of every guest who sees the film during opening week (April 22-28, 2010). So you can go see a movie and feel like you’re saving the planet. Not a bad deal. Hit the jump for the clips and more info on Oceans:
As always, are the clips are in the player below. Once you push play you might have to watch a pre-roll ad and then all the clips will play in order. Sorry about the pre-roll, it pays for the bandwidth.
- Website and Mobile site: Disney.com/oceans
- Become a fan on Facebook: Facebook.com/Disneynature
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/Disneynature
- Genre: True Life Adventure
- Rating: G
- U.S. Release Date: April 22, 2010
- Narrator: Pierce Brosnan
- Directors: Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud
- Produced by: Jacques Perrin, Nicolas Mauvernay, Romain Le Grand
- Executive Producer: Jake Eberts
Disneynature, the studio that presented the record-breaking film “Earth,” brings OCEANS to the big screen on Earth Day, 2010. Nearly three-quarters of the Earth’s surface is covered by water and OCEANS boldly chronicles the mysteries that lie beneath. Directors Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud dive deep into the very waters that sustain all of mankind-exploring the harsh reality and the amazing creatures that live within. Narrated by Pierce Brosnan and featuring spectacular never-before-seen imagery captured by the latest underwater technologies, OCEANS offers an unprecedented look beneath the sea in a powerful motion picture that unfolds on April 22, 2010.
- “See OCEANS, Save Oceans” is an initiative in which Disneynature will make a contribution to The Nature Conservancy to save coral reefs in honor of every guest who sees OCEANS during opening week (April 22-28, 2010).
- “Oceans'” Narrator Pierce Brosnan is an outspoken environmentalist who is active in promoting ocean conservation efforts. He has lent his support to the International Fund for Animal Welfare’s “Save the Whales Again!” campaign, as well as working with environmental organizations including Sea Shepherd, California Coastal Protection Network, Ocean Futures Society, Oceana and Waterkeeper Alliance, among others.
- Disneynature, the first new Disney-branded film label from The Walt Disney Studios in over 60 years, was launched in April 2008 to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to share a wide variety of wildlife subjects and stories with theatrical audiences.
- “Earth,” the first film to premiere domestically under the new label on Earth Day 2009, garnered a record-breaking opening weekend for a nature documentary. On its opening day, the film also broke the single-day box-office record for a nature documentary.
- Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife documentary filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1949 and 1960, including “Seal Island” (1949), “Beaver Valley” (1950), “The Living Desert” (1953) and “Jungle Cat” (1958). The films earned eight Academy Awards®.