While James Gunn‘s blend of action, comic book craziness, and space-based humor in both Guardians of the Galaxy movies is a big part of what makes them so magical, the musical selections help to set them apart from the rest of the MCU. In the first film, the standout number was probably Blue Swede’s “Hooked on a Feeling” (Ooga-chaka) since it proved a strong introduction to the tone of the movie. But Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 had David Hasselhoff; I don’t know how you beat that. Oh, you beat it by getting Gunn & Co. to star in a music video for the song itself.
Co-written by Gunn and score composer Tyler Bates, the “Inferno” music video will appear as a special feature on the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Blu-ray arrives on shelves August 22nd.
Take a look at / listen to the music video for Guardians of the Galaxy: Inferno below, and sing along with the lyrics, provided by Gunn himself:
Here are the lyrics to Guardians Inferno I wrote on Notes in the back of a car on my ride home. pic.twitter.com/CHhnKglD9S
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) April 22, 2017
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) July 10, 2017
For more on Guardians of the Galaxy, be sure to get caught up with our latest coverage provided at the links below:
- James Gunn Talks ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3′ Filming Plans, Title, and More
- Over 200 Images from ‘Marvel: Creating the Cinematic Universe’ Art Exhibit Feature MCU Props, Costumes, and More
- Every Marvel After-Credits Scene Explained
- MCU Timeline Explained: From Infinity Stones to Infinity War and Beyond
- Movie Talk: James Gunn to Help Marvel Oversee Cosmic Universe Beyond ‘Guardians 3′