While the rest of the Star Wars cinematic universe is busy shuffling directors and release dates, Rian Johnson has quietly been putting the finishing touches on Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The drama-free production has now come to a complete and final finish, as celebrated by Johnson and his crew, and further confirmed over social media. The eighth installment in the Skywalker Saga is well and truly locked, so fans can almost certainly expect a new trailer ahead of the film’s December 15th release date.
Rey (Daisy Ridley), Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Finn (John Boyega), Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) will do battle against Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), and Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie) when the highly anticipated film drops in just a few months. The film also stars Carrie Fisher, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Daniels, Benicio Del Toro, and Laura Dern.
Take a look at the celebratory pic behind the scenes of Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
And further confirmation here:
Allllll done. — Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) September 22, 2017
For fun, here are a few behind-the-scenes shots from post-production:
For more on all things Star Wars, check out our recent write-ups below:
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Season 4 Episode Titles Tease Connections to the Cinematic Universe
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Delayed Until December 2019
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: What J.J. Abrams’ Return Means for the Franchise
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX': J.J. Abrams to Write and Direct Trilogy Capper
- Marvel and ‘Star Wars’ Movies Will Move to Disney’s Streaming Service