Today, DreamWorks Animation presented a sneak peek at the three films set for release in 2013: The Croods, Turbo and Mr. Peabody & Sherman. While the films are in varying stages of completeness, clips from each movie were screened to give the audience a sense of tone, story and aesthetics. Not familiar with the movies in question? Here’s a look at the relevant directors and voice casts:
- The Croods – Directed by Chris Sanders and Kirk DeMicco, and featuring the voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Catherine Keener, Cloris Leachman and Clark Duke, The Croods opens March 22, 2013 in 3D.
- Turbo – Directed by David Soren and featuring a voice cast including Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti, Michael Peña, Luis Guzman, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson, Turbo opens July 19, 2013 in 3D.
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman – Directed by Rob Minkoff and featuring the voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Ariel Winter, Allison Janney, Stephen Colbert, Stephen Tobolowsky, Mel Brooks, Leslie Mann and Stanley Tucci, Mr. Peabody & Sherman opens November 1, 2013 in 3D.
Hit the jump for a recap of the sneak peeks.
Casting news updates at a glance:
- Stephen Colbert (Monsters vs Aliens) and Allison Janney (Phineas and Ferb) have been cast in the DreamWorks animated production of Mr. Peabody and Sherman, starring Ty Burrell (Modern Family) and Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man) voicing the title roles.
- Ian McShane (Snow White and the Huntsman) will join Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead), Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation) and Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) in dance-off comedy, Cuban Fury.
Hit the jump for more.
DreamWorks Animation has been working on a 3D animated iteration of the classic “dog and his pet boy” cartoon Mr. Peabody and Sherman for a few years now, but the first image from the feature film has now surfaced. The original cartoon first appeared as part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, and DreamWorks Animation’s version boasts the voice talent of Ty Burrell (Modern Family) as the dog and Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man) as the boy. The story finds Peabody’s “pet boy”using the genius dog’s time machine without permission, thus sending events in history spiraling out of control.
Hit the jump to check out the first image of DreamWorks-rendered Mr. Peabody and Sherman. The film opens in 3D on March 14th, 2014.
The classic “dog and his pet boy” cartoon that appeared as part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show will be appearing in 3D theaters as DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Voicing the world’s smartest dog and his naive companion will be, respectively, Ty Burrell (Modern Family) and Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man). Rob Minkoff (The Lion King) will direct from a script by Craig Wright (Six Feet Under) which follows the duo as they attempt to restore order to historical events after Sherman uses Mr. Peabody’s time machine without permission. The voice of Mr. Peabody was originally supposed to go to Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), but I find Burrell to be an equally fitting personality for the inquisitive canine. Hit the jump for more on Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which is schedule to release on March 14, 2014.