Despite what Hero Complex Gallery’s name might lead you to believe, not every HCG show is superhero-related. Often clever, generally awesome, and featuring a consistently talented pool of artists? Yes, for sure. Wall-to-wall prints featuring spandex-clad mutants, Kryptonian refugees, and/or unkillable Canadians with razor-sharp claws? Not so much.
Their next show– Arch Nemesis, which opens this Friday at the gallery’s Los Angeles location—falls somewhere in-between. Yes, you’ll get all the Batman, Fantastic Four, and Justice League posters you can handle…but they’ll be rubbing elbows with new prints based on geek-friendly properties like Predator, The Wizard of Oz, and Masters of The Universe. Wanna see some preview images from the show (and find out how you can win one of two extremely rare variant prints)? Meet me after the jump, folks.
The Wolverine trailers have been teased, double-teased, released internationally, released domestically, released just for Japan, released just for CinemaCon and even Sweded. With all of that footage already shown, you might be surprised to discover that another new trailer is due out tomorrow. Set to release at 6AM PST, the new trailer will also play in theaters in front of Fast & Furious 6 this week. As a bonus to this announcement, we also have two new character posters to share with you.
James Mangold’s The Wolverine stars Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Hiroyuki Sanada, Brian Tee, Rila Fukushima, Tao Okamoto and Svetlana Khodchenkova and opens on July 26th. Hit the jump to check out the new posters.
Warner Bros. loves their character posters, and it was only a matter of time before they started rolling them out for Man of Steel. They’ve kicked them off with Superman’s daddy, Jor-El (Russell Crowe). It’s a forceful poster (I’m not sure why a scientist like Jor-El needs a giant gun), and I’m wondering how it will compare to a poster for Lois Lane (Amy Adams) or Ma and Pa Kent (Diane Lane and Kevin Costner) assuming they get ones. Meanwhile, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Warner Bros. going overboard and making character posters for Richard Schiff and Christopher Meloni.
Hit the jump to check out the poster along with a new featurette. The film also stars Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, and Laurence Fishburne. Man of Steel opens in 3D on June 14th.
[Update: WB has now released character posters for Cavill as Superman and Shannon as Zod.]
Intrepid reporter Samantha Cheirif is currently snapping some movie marketing images from the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. We hope to have more images in the coming days, but for now we have looks at international posters for World War Z, The Lone Ranger, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Hercules 3D, Despicable Me 2 and more. There are also quite a few promos for films that might not even be on your radar yet, so it’s definitely worth a look.
The 2013 Cannes Film Festival runs from May 15th to May 26th. Hit the jump to check out the images.
Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim is rapidly becoming my most-anticipated film of the year, and if their marketing scheme continues to be this enticing, I don’t see that changing any time soon. Not only do we have new character posters of stars Idris Elba, Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi to share with you today, but we have the first look at sample pages from the graphic novel, Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero, which was written by screenwriter Travis Beacham. If that weren’t enough, Warner Bros. has provided fans with an online Jaeger designer for use in the upcoming training sessions at the film’s viral website. You can design up to four Jaegers and save/share your creation in place of the Jaegers seen in the official artwork. I don’t often geek out, but when I do, it’s over Pacific Rim! Hit the jump to check it all out.
A few new posters have made their way online. Briefly:
- Fruitvale Station – The first official poster for the huge Sundance hit teases the heartbreak that lies ahead. There is a strong likelihood that this film will turn you into a blubbering mess. Starring Michael B. Jordan, Melonie Diaz, and Octavia Spencer and opens on July 12th. Read Matt’s review here.
- The Hangover Part III – A couple of new character posters for Ed Helms’ Stu, Justin Bartha’s Doug, and a rooster. The film opens on May 24th.
- Grown Ups 2 – Hard as you may try to ignore it, this unnecessary comedy sequel exists. The latest poster repeats the gag from the first film of using old photos of the castmembers. The film stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, and David Spade and opens on July 12th.
- Now You See Me – A motion poster for the magician thriller starring Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, and Mark Ruffalo. The film opens on May 31st.
- Europa Report – The first poster for director Sebastian Cordero’s found footage sci-fi film teases the pic’s impressive practical effects. The film stars Sharlto Copley and Michael Nyqvist and is available VOD on June 27th and hits theaters on August 2nd.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses.
A number of new posters have made their way online. Briefly:
- White House Down – The new one-sheet for Roland Emmerich’s actioner puts stars Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx front and center following the latest trailer. The film opens on June 28th.
- August: Osage County – The premiere poster for director John Wells’ adaptation of the stage play highlights the fantastic cast that includes Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Ewan McGregor, and Benedict Cumberbatch. The film opens on November 8th.
- Nymphomaniac – The not-so-subtle first poster for Lars von Trier’s next film teases the pic’s subject of, well, sex. The film stars Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgard, and Shia LaBeouf.
- The Bling Ring – The final poster for writer/director Sofia Coppola’s snapshot of the celebrity-obsessed showcases the film’s cast, which includes Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga. The film opens on June 14th.
- The Hangover Part III – The latest character poster for Todd Phillips’ trilogy closer features Ken Jeong’s Mr. Chow. The film opens on May 24th.
Hit the jump to check out the posters.
Think you’ve seen all the promotional material for Marvel’s Iron Man 3? Nope! Wrong again! Today we have a couple different looks at a 3D projectionist’s guide for Shane Black’s threequel starring Robert Downey Jr., plus a rare poster available only to an Entertainment Weekly subscriber who attends tonight’s early screening of Iron Man 3 as part of EW’s CapeTown Film Festival. Hit the jump to check them out.
Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale, Jon Favreau and Sir Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 opens in 3D on May 3rd.
Okay, so we just featured these same movies in a poster article yesterday, but the posters are new … I promise!
- Star Trek Into Darkness – The last character poster from J.J. Abrams’ sequel is for Dr. Carol Marcus (Alice Eve). Star Trek Into Darkness opens May 17th.
- Red 2 – Today’s poster features Mary-Louise Parker. The Dean Parisot-directed sequel stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins and Byung-hun Lee. Red 2 opens July 19th.
- CBGB – Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters is featured on today’s poster. Chronicling the quest of Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman) to turn a small club into the legendary punk venue, CBGB also stars Ashley Greene, Malin Akerman, Johnny Galecki, Rupert Grint, and Stana Katic.
Hit the jump for the posters and synopses.
6 posters, 5 character posters, 4 movies. Let’s go:
- Star Trek Into Darkness – Two character posters for Sulu (John Cho) and Bones (Karl Urban)
- Red 2 – The posters highlight two additions to the cast for the spy sequel, Anthony Hopkins and Byung-hun Lee. Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren star.
- The East – Brit Marling stars as an operative for a private intelligence firm who goes undercover to infiltrate an anarchist collective that attacks corporations. Alexander Skarsgard, Ellen Page, and Patricia Clarkson co-star.
- CBGB – Chronicles the quest of Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman) to turn a small club into the legendary punk venue. Ashley Greene, Malin Akerman, Johnny Galecki, Rupert Grint, and Stana Katic co-star.
See the posters after the break.
The first clip from the new batch of Arrested Development episodes has landed online, and it appears that the relationship between Tony Hale’s Buster and Jessica Walter’s Lucille hasn’t changed a bit. The clip provides a tiny hint as to what Lucille has been up to since the events of the season three finale, but mainly it just showcases the series’ wonderful sense of humor that’s been sorely missing from our lives for far too long. Additionally, Netflix has released a new batch of character posters for the new episodes that features the entire cast along with some rather familiar taglines.
Hit the jump to check out the clip and posters, and if you missed the EW covers and new images from yesterday, click here. Netflix will release all 15 new episodes of Arrested Development at once on May 26th.
We’ve got quite a few new posters to share this evening. Briefly:
- Rush – The new poster for director Ron Howard’s F1 racing drama starring Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl, and Olivia Wilde. The film opens on September 20, 2013.
- The Way, Way Back – A new poster for the Sundance hit takes the film’s water park theme to heart. The pic stars Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, and Toni Collette and opens on July 5th. Read Matt’s review here.
- Red 2 – A couple of new character posters for the sequel showcase stars Helen Mirren and Catherine Zeta-Jones. The film opens on July 19th.
- Before Midnight – A photoshop heavy debut poster for the third film in Richard Linklater’s Before series. The film stars Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy and opens on May 24th. Read Matt’s review here.
- Carrie – A new UK poster for director Kimberly Peirce’s remake shows the intensity of star Chloe Grace Moretz. The film also stars Julianne Moore and opens on October 18th.
- V/H/S/2 – The poster for the horror anthology sequel is rather teasing, but nonetheless straightforward. The film opens on July 12th. Read Matt’s review here.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses.
This week has been nothing but great for Trekkies everywhere who are anxiously awaiting the release of J.J. Abrams’ sequel Star Trek Into Darkness. And Paramount has now made available a new Spock promo featuring Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch, as well as two new character posters for Simon Pegg’s Scotty and Anton Yelchin’s Chekov. The promo is a combination of various Spock scenes with images of Cumberbatch’s menacing antagonist. It’s perfectly laced together with the villain’s voice as he threatens to use Spock’s uniqueness and feelings of alienation against him. Meanwhile, the character posters show some intense moments as both Scotty and Chekov seem to be in two very different perilous situations. Scotty is seen running at mighty speed to avoid sparks and possible falling debris, while Chekov looks like he’s being faced with an extremely difficult task.
Hit the jump to watch the promo and view the new character posters. The film also stars Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Alice Eve, Karl Urban, and John Cho. Star Trek Into Darkness opens in IMAX 3D on May 15th and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
A couple of new character posters have been released for director Dean Parisot’s (Galaxy Quest) Red 2, a much-anticipated sequel to an indulgently fun summer blockbuster franchise. The new posters showcase stars Bruce Willis and John Malkovich in all of their “retired” glory. The sequel finds Frank Moses (Willis) pitted against Victoria (Helen Mirren) when M16 gives the go ahead to his assassination by declaring him Interpol’s “most wanted.” All the while, Moses and his team work to track down a missing nuclear device. Mary-Louise Parker will return while Catherine Zeta Jones, Byung Hun, and Anthony Hopkins join the cast.
Although Red 2 looks indulgent (much like The Expendables franchise), we all can admit that we like to watch Willis blow stuff up and we enjoy seeing Malkovich, well, be himself. Hit the jump to check out the new posters and to read the full synopsis. Red 2 opens on July 19th.
Some new U.K. character posters for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming sequel Star Trek Into Darkness have made their way online. We previously saw a few domestic character posters for Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, and Benedict Cumberbatch, but in this grouping we see Alice Eve, John Cho, and Karl Urban get their own one-sheets alongside new posters for the aforementioned actors. The lack of Anton Yelchin’s Chekov in most of the marketing, though, is starting to become glaring, and I’m beginning to wonder about his character’s fate. Also, where’s Scotty’s poster? Surely Simon Pegg deserves a one-sheet of his own, especially as part of the U.K.’s marketing materials.
Hit the jump to check out the posters. Star Trek Into Darkness opens in the U.K. on May 9th, in IMAX 3D in the U.S. on May 15th, and in traditional U.S. theaters on May 17th.