Opening this weekend is director Scott Waugh’s Need for Speed. For those unfamiliar with the film, it chronicles a cross-country race against time as a blue-collar mechanic (Aaron Paul) who was framed for manslaughter by a wealthy, arrogant ex-NASCAR driver (Dominic Cooper) sets out for revenge in a high-stakes underground racing tournament. Need for Speed also stars Imogen Poots, Michael Keaton, Dakota Johnson and Kid Cudi. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Aaron Paul. He talked about the abundance of car porn in the film, filming the practical stunts, what city he’d love to return to (they filmed around the United States), what it was like working with Ridley Scott and Christian Bale on Exodus, what Exodus is about, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about the car behind him.
- How the film is loaded with car porn.
- Talks about the first racing sequence and how it cool it was to film it. Also talks about the practical stunts.
- Were there any stunts he wanted to do that the production said no way?
- Which location would he love to go back to if he could?
- What was it like working for Ridley Scott on Exodus with Christian Bale.