With director Jeff Wadlow’s Kick-Ass 2 opening this weekend, I recently got to speak with some of the cast in New York City. The sequel takes place a few years after the first film and finds Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Kick-Ass and Chloe Grace Moretz’s Hit Girl inspiring a new wave of masked superheroes to join in the fight against a league of villains led by the Motherfucker (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). For more on the film, watch five clips, a red-band featurette, video interviews with Wadlow and Mark Millar, or click here for all our previous coverage.
During the interview, Taylor-Johnson talked about making the sequel, what it was like to run around the streets of Toronto in costume with people watching, how much fun he had making Godzilla, and if he has signed on to Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers: Age of Ultron? Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, click here if you missed my video interview with Chloe Grace Moretz.
- I make a joke about being there for the 50 Shades of Grey junket
- How all of the actors were great in the sequel and how many wondered if the sequel would ever get made.
- How the characters go on an emotional journey in the sequel and it’s not just about the crazy dialogue or action.
- How awesome is it to run around the streets of Toronto wearing the costume
- How much fun did he have making Godzilla and has he signed on for The Avengers sequel