If you have not seen Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, stop reading this article. Massive spoilers about the film are discussed in this interview. You’ve been warned.
At the Los Angeles press day for the Avengers sequel, I landed an exclusive video interview with Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Since I knew I’d be posting the interview after the film had been released, I decided to use part of my time to talk spoilers (specifically what happens to Quicksilver in the film). As you can see in the video below, Taylor-Johnson talks about how early he knew what would happen to his character, how they shot an alternate ending with Quicksilver joining The Avengers in order to keep his death secret, deleted scenes (describes an action sequence in which Quicksilver ran around Thor, who was on fire, in order to put him out), script changes, Godzilla 2, upcoming projects, and more.
Here’s the interview followed by a time index of what we talked about and links to other interviews.
- :15 – How early did he know Quicksilver would die? Talks about his first meeting with Joss a year before he signed.
- 2:00 – Says they shot an alternate ending with Quicksilver joining The Avengers in order to keep his death secret.
- 2:36 – Did he sign a multi-picture deal? Talks about how he wants to come back.
- 3:40 – Working with Joss Whedon. Talks about getting new script pages every day.
- 5:44 – Deleted scenes. Describes an action sequence in which Quicksilver ran around Thor, who was on fire, in order to put him out.
- 7:57 – Talks about major script changes during production.
- 8:58 – Is he coming back for Godzilla 2?
- 10:00 – Upcoming projects: what does he want to do next?
Here are the links to the Avengers: Age of Ultron on-set interviews:
- Chris Evans
- Jeremy Renner
- Chris Hemsworth
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson
- Elizabeth Olsen
- Mark Ruffalo
- Joss Whedon