Last week, ahead of their upfront presentation today, ABC cancelled and renewed a slew of shows, making room for a new crop this fall. And now, the network has released a few new synopses in addition to the four trailers they sent out last week for these brand-new series in the hopes of getting you excited for their offerings. Although honestly … it’s a bit underwhelming.
This new group includes the spiritually-minded The Gospel of Kevin, starring Jason Ritter, and The Crossing, starring Steve Zahn (which is yet another time-travel show). ABC being ABC, there’s also a Shondaland show in the mix with For the People, as well as The Mayor, about a young man who runs for public office as a stunt and ends up elected. That sounds familiar, minus the young part.
Other new series that are joining ABC’s line-up include Deception with Jack Cutmore-Scott as a magician-turned-FBI Agent, The Good Doctor starring Freddie Highmore, and Ten Days in the Valley starring Kyra Sedgwick, alongside the highly-anticipated Marvel’s Inhumans. Comedies Alex, Inc. starring Zach Braff, and Splitting Up Together with Jenna Fischer also join.
You can find all of the new trailers below along with their synopses (and in a few cases, just the synopses plus a newly-released image), so let us know what you think in the comments! Check out more of our Upfronts coverage below:
- Jimmy Kimmel Returning to Host the 2018 Oscars
- ABC Releases 2017-18 Primetime Schedule; ‘Inhumans’ Gets Friday Night Time Slot
- ‘The Orville’ Trailer: Seth McFarlane Goes Sci-Fi for His First Live-Action Series
- Watch Trailers for Fox’s New Shows Like the ‘X-Files’-inspired Comedy ‘Ghosted’
- TV Lifeline: Which Shows Have Been Renewed or Cancelled?