Opening today is Rango, Industrial Light and Magic’s first fully animated film. Written by John Logan, directed by Gore Verbinski and starring Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin and a slew of famed character actors, the film tells the story of Rango (Depp), a pet lizard lost in the desert who lies his way into becoming the sheriff of a western town. Things go well as he uses luck, gumption, and improvisational skills to fake his way through the job, but when someone steals the town’s water supply, Rango is forced to become a real hero.
As part of our weeklong coverage of the film we have a one on one interview with Abigail Breslin, one of Hollywood’s most talented child actors. During our interview, we talked about her friend’s reactions to her co-starring with Depp, the film’s use of “emo-tion capture,” some of her favorite films, and get a very short update on her upcoming film Innocence. Hit the jump for the video:
- Breslin talks about how her friends reacted to hearing that she was co-starring with Johnny Depp.
- 00:50 – How the movie was filmed and how it added to the performances.
- 1:16 – Her reactions to her character design.
- 1:55 – She talks about starring in children’s films versus adult oriented films.
- 2:25 – a list of some of her favorite children’s films coming up.
- 2:27 – a quick tidbit on her next film, Innocence.