Opening this weekend is Julian Farino’s The Oranges. The film is about two families who are best friends and neighbors- until one of the daughters (Leighton Meester) begins an affair with her father’s best friend (Hugh Laurie), and the comical and emotional aftermath of that affair. The all-star cast includes Catherine Keener as Laurie’s wife who finds a new purpose in life, Allison Janney and Oliver Platt as Nina’s bewildered parents and Alia Shawkat as Laurie’s daughter- and Nina’s former best friend turned arch rival. It also stars Adam Brody and up-and-comer Sam Rosen.
At the recent New York City press junket, I was able to speak to Alia Shawkat and Adam Brody about their breakfast preferences, the film itself, their characters, working with an ever-present screenwriting team, and the other projects that they have been and will be working on. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, click here to watch my video interview with Hugh Laurie and Catherine Keener.
Adam Brody and Alia Shawkat
- What kind of cereal do they like (they’re always eating it in the movie)
- What made them want to be part of the film
- What was it like working for a director and screenwriting team that were always there for you
- Will part of you always be Seth Cohen (The O.C.)
- What is it like being back filming Arrested Development and playing Maeby Fünke again
- What’s next for them