Make no mistake, writer/director Patrick Bryce’s The Overnight is one of the weirdest comedies I’ve seen in a while. It has a simple premise—a married couple (played by Adam Scott and Taylor Schilling) has recently moved to a new town and is looking for a playmate for their young son. They come across another couple (Jason Schwartzman and Judith Godrèche) who seem warm and inviting, but a simple dinner between the two families becomes much more awkward as the evening winds on. Trust me, the conversations and events that transpire are not the regular things you see in “Hollywood” movies and you will definitely be talking about the film after it ends. For more on The Overnight, watch the green or red band trailers.
At the recent Los Angeles press day I landed an extended video interview with Adam Scott. Since I spoke to him about The Overnight in this interview, I decided to ask a myriad of questions on a wide variety of subjects during this one. We talked about the awesome Parks and Recreation series finale, what he’s taken home from set, his favorite Disney princess, the worst job he had before acting, upcoming projects like Black Mass, Sleeping with Other People, and so much more. If you’re a fan of Adam Scott I think you’ll like the interview.
- :30 – Talks missing Parks and Recreation and the series finale.
- 1:42 – Does it feel like he’s won the actor’s lottery in the last few years?
- 2:35 – What was the worst job he had before acting? Talks about lasting one day at Johnny Rockets.
- 4:33 – Talks about taking a plaque from the set of Step Brothers.
- 5:42 – What’s his favorite bad movie? Explains why he thinks The Bodyguard is a genuinely good movie.
- 7:31 – Says he’s currently watching, and likes, The Fall and Daredevil.
- 8:12 – Reveals his odd movie trivia talent.
- 8:35 – Who’s his favorite Disney princess? Talks about Frozen.
- 9:44 – Black Mass. Talks about who he plays in the Johnny Deep Whitey Bulger movie and working with director Scott Cooper.
- 10:54 – Talks about the comedy Sleeping with Other People with Alison Brie and Jason Sudeikis.
- 12:03 – Is he hesitant about doing another TV show? Talks about being in the Golden Age of television.