Director Adam Wingard and co-writer Simon Barrett are set to adapt Jon Stock‘s novel, Dead Spy Running. Per Deadline, the story follows “Danny Marchant, a young DJ on the rise in the international world of electronic dance music,” who is forced to go on the run after he’s framed for the murder of his father, an MI6 agent. Here’s my favorite part of Deadline’s description: “he gets deeper into the world of espionage while never forgetting his background and skills as a DJ.” I haven’t read Stock’s series of novels, but I assume this is a comedy of some kind. Right? Or does scratching records defeat the terrorists? It’s worth noting that the synopsis of the book makes no mention of the character being a DJ, so I don’t know where Deadline is getting their info on that detail.
Whether it’s played straight or not, Dead Spy Running will be a change of pace for Wingard and Barrett, who previously created the horror films A Horrible Way to Die and the great You’re Next (my review), the latter of which recently received a released day of August 23, 2013. The duo also provided one of the segments in the upcoming horror anthology V/H/S (my review), which opens October 5th. Hit the jump for a synopsis of Jon Stock’s Dead Spy Running.
Here’s the synopsis for Jon Stock’s Dead Spy Running:
Matching the style of le Carré with the high-energy action of Ludlum, Dead Spy Running comes racing out of the gate as the first in a fantastic new series.From its breathtaking start at the London Marathon, Jon Stock sets a breakneck pace that marks him as a formidable new thriller writer. Dead Spy Running will captivate readers with a story that leaps from a bomb threat in London, to a secret CIA black site in Poland, and on to India, where a spectacular assassination plot threatens to throw world politics into chaos. [Amazon]
- Marvel’s Kevin Feige Talks When His Contract with Marvel Studios Expires; Says He’s on Through at Least Phase Two
- Iron Man by the Numbers: IRON MAN, IRON MAN 2, and IRON MAN 3
- Kurt Russell Talks About Shooting ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK at the EW CapeTown Film Fest; Plus His Thoughts on the Remake
- Kevin Feige Explains How IRON MAN 3 Paves the Way for THE AVENGERS 2; Says the Script Is “a Notch or Two Above the First Movie”
- May the Fourth Be With You: Watch J.J. Abrams and Simon Pegg Talk STAR WARS
IndieClick Film Network