One of the best films I saw at this year’s Sundance Film festival was director Vincenzo Natali’s Splice. Starring Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley as genetic scientists that create a new life form with severe consequences, the film is original, dark, twisted, and awesome. Trust me, if you’re the kind of person that complains Hollywood never does anything original, you’re going to want to check out Splice this weekend.
Anyway, I recently got to sit down with Adrien Brody to talk about his work in Splice and all the other projects he’s working on like High School and Predators. As a huge fan of his work in such films as The Pianist, The Brothers Bloom, The Darjeeling Limited, I’ll admit to being very excited getting the chance to talk with him. Thankfully, he could not have been nicer and while our interview was scheduled for print (meaning no video), he agreed to let me use my new Kodak ZI8 flip camera. Hit the jump to check out what he had to say:
As usual, I’ve listed what we talked about above the video. The only thing to know is the audio isn’t perfect. This was my first interview with the new camera and I’m still working out some bugs. Finally, click here to check out some clips and images from Splice. Again, it’s a great film. Check it out this weekend!
- How have things been going recently – talks about the diversity of his roles and how he’s happy he landed Predator
- 1:45 – How does he prepare for each of his films. Talks about what he did on Splice, Predators, The Pianist. He talks about why he takes different parts
- 6:50 – Talks about how certain people are surprised by the choices he makes
- 8:00 – Did he ever go out in public when filming High School as he was wearing a ton of tattoos
- 8:45 – Talks about working for Woody Allen in his next film