When Agent Carter was filming its second season here in Los Angeles, I got to visit the set with a few other reporters. Like all Marvel productions, everyone on set was tight-lipped about what happens during the second season but that didn’t stop us from trying to learn some of the twists and turns. During our group interview with producers Chris Dingess, Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, they talked about the concept of each season taking place in a different location, how they figured out the arc of season 2, the new struggles and challenges for Peggy, whether Lyndsy Fonseca will return, getting to film at real locations in L.A., how the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe affects the show, their version of Whitney Frost, and a lot more.
“Marvel’s Agent Carter” returns for a second season of adventure and intrigue, starring Hayley Atwell in the titular role of the unstoppable agent for the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve). Dedicated to the fight against new Atomic Age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home – and perhaps even a new love – she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect.
Agent Cater stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Chad Michael Murray as Jack Thompson, Reggie Austin as Dr. Jason Wilkes, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, James D’Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose Roberts, and Lotte Verbeck as Anna Jarvis.
Chris Dingess, Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters:
How was the arc of Agent Carter season 2 decided?
- On getting the characters to L.A.
- On featuring real locations in L.A.
- On Zero Matter and opening the door more to the superpower side of superheroes.
- On bringing in a real physicist to work on the science in the story.
- Did the producers always plan on including Ana Jarvis in the second season?
- Is there talk of making each season distinct from each other like The Wire?
- What are the new struggles and challenges for Peggy in season 2?
- Was there an intentional move to bring diversity to the cast?
- On whether Lyndsy Fonseca will return for season 2, in light of reports.
- Were there any film noir the producers referenced for the visuals?
- How do the producers mine from the comics for the show?
- On the dynamic between Daniel Sousa and Jack Thompson.
- On playing with their version of Whitney Frost.
- How does the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe affect the show?
- On the inspiration and potential limitations of Peggy’s future in the Marvel movies.
- On distinguishing Jason Wilkes and Whitney’s arcs from Peggy’s arc in season 1.
- On the female friendships in season 2.