If you’re a fan of Stargate Universe, you’re going to enjoy my video interview with Alaina Huffman. That’s because unlike a typical junket interview that lasts four to five minutes and you can only scratch the surface, yesterday afternoon I sat down with 1st Lt. Tamara Johansen (who she plays on SGU) for an extended interview. During our conversation she talked about how things are going on season two and what it’s really like on set, conventions, Comic-Con, twitter, being a series regular for the first time, what happened when she told the producers she was pregnant, and I also asked some questions people sent me on twitter. If you’re watching SGU, you’re going to like the behind the scenes stories.
Also, the folks at MGM have given me a new Kino to premiere and it’s the 25th one called “Drops the Sirs”. The Kino is a conversation between Greer (Jamil Walker Smith) and Scott (Matthew Scott) and it concerns a recent episode where someone was left on a planet.
Hit the jump to watch both videos. And if you’re not watching SGU, you’re missing out on a great show.
Stargate Universe airs Fridays at 9/8c on SyFy and stars Robert Carlyle, Ming-Na, Louis Ferreira, Elyse Levesque, Alaina Huffman, Lou Diamond Phillips and David Blue, among others.
SGU follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship’s Stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board the Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.
- We come into the interview making fun of David Blue…I ask if it’s really true that he makes people watch the entire run of Ugly Betty before he’ll work with you
- Twitter talk
- What’s it like going from doing an episode or two versus being a series regular
- How does she balance family and learning her lines
- Any difference on set between season 1 and 2
- Does the cast ever get together outside of work
- Does the show continue with the big cliffhangers that have been happening the last few weeks
- Shooting episode 6 of season two right now
- What was it like when she told the producers she was pregnant
- Playing a mom on TV
- 8:20 – Twitter questions: Conventions talk
- 9:20 – How did she enjoy Comic-Con last year and is she prepared for this year now that people have seen the show
- 11:20 – Another Twitter question: When are people going to stop bickering and fight aliens. Says they have some great aliens in season two
- On Set pranks talk
- 13:00 – Favorite kino
- 13:40 – When she got the job, did she binge watch the previous Stargate shows
- 15:30 – Mythology talk
- 16:30 – Does she have friends and family that wants to visit the set
Kino 25 Drop the Sirs