Opening this weekend is CBS Films Beastly. Directed by Daniel Barnz (Phoebe in Wonderland), Beastly is a reimagining of Beauty and the Beast and it stars Alex Pettyfer (I Am Number 4) Vanessa Hudgens, Neil Patrick Harris, and Mary-Kate Olsen. The one liner is Pettyfer stars as a popular high school student that finds himself turned into a beast. He then has one year to find someone who can love him so that he can reverse the curse.
Anyway, a few days ago I got to speak with Pettyfer & Hudgens and we talked about how the film compared to what they thought it would be when they signed on, rehearsing versus improv, deleted scenes and alternate endings, working with the rest of the cast, going out in public with the makeup on, and what are their go to karaoke songs – which led to Hudgens singing. Hit the jump to watch:
For more on Beastly, you can watch 5 clips here.
Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens
- I ask Alex if he’s told Vanessa how much he likes Zack Snyder and Watchmen
- How did the film compare to what they thought it would be when they signed on
- Alex was a bit quiet so I asked if he was playing “the junket game”
- Rehearsal versus finding it on set
- Did Alex ever go to Starbucks with the makeup on
- They talk about the deleted scenes and an alternate ending
- How was working with the rest of the cast
- What’s their karaoke song. Vanessa sings for me.