With Texas Chainsaw 3D opening January 4th, 2013, star Alexandra Daddario came to New York Comic-Con this weekend to promote the film. Directed by John Luessenhop (Takers), the pic is a direct sequel to the 1974 original and picks up where that film left off: ”a young woman has escaped the horrors of the Sawyer family and alerted authorities, leading the townspeople to descend on the Sawyer household and seemingly put an end to the family’s reign of terror. The story then jumps forward to present day where a young woman (Daddario) has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she didn’t know she had.” Needless to say, after she arrives, things go bad. For more on the film, here’s the trailer and all our previous coverage.
During my exclusive interview with Daddario we talked about being at NYCC, how she got cast, the gore, how the film changed from the initial conception through to the final cut (she reveals that there was an alternate ending filmed), what it was like to film in Shreveport, Louisiana, and a lot more. In addition, we also talked about White Collar (she played Kate), Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (she just filmed an episode) and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- 0:20 – Alexandra Daddario talks about coming to New York Comic-Con for the first time.
- 0:50 – Daddario comments on what makes her geek out at conventions and whether or not she keeps any collections.
- 1:40 – Daddario reveals whether fans want to talk to her more about All My Children or White Collar.
- 2:45 – Daddario comments on how she got involved in Texas Chainsaw 3D.
- 3:50 – Regarding the storyline of Texas Chainsaw 3D, Daddario talks about where it fits in to the series.
- 4:35 – Daddario comments on the gore factor of the film, which originally got an NC-17 rating.
- 5:10 – Daddario reveals there may be an unrated version of the film released.
- 5:25 – Daddario talks about the number of “running/screaming/crying scenes” in the film.
- 6:50 – Regarding the pace of the film behind-the-scenes, Daddario talks about the effect of exhaustion setting in.
- 7:40 – Daddario comments on how the film changed from the initial conception through to the final cut; she also reveals that there was an alternate ending filmed.
- 8:50 – Since the movie was filmed in Shreveport, Louisiana, Daddario comments on that experience.
- 9:45 – Daddario talks about her level of screentime in the film and how she kept her energy level up.
- 11:00 – For Percy Jackson fans, Daddario comments on the progress of the sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
- 11:40 – Daddario talks a bit about the plot of the Percy Jackson sequel, saying it’s closer to the book and that she actually dyed her hair blonde for it.
- 12:25 – Daddario comments on the amount of green screen in shooting the sequel.
- 13:25 – For travelers and sight-seers, Daddario talks about the locations she would revisit in Vancouver, Shreveport and New Orleans.
- 15:30 – Daddario talks about her upcoming projects, including a spot on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.