Following in the footsteps of “Back to the Future Day” on October 21st, and the previously announced by still upcoming “Ferris Fest” on the weekend of May 20th, Tuesday, April 26th, has been dubbed “Alien Day.” The date (4-26) is a nod to LV-426, the moon where the xenomorphs are discovered in the 1979 film from Ridley Scott. Twentieth Century Fox is helping fans celebrate with a 24-hour social media event to coincide with special screenings around the country.
The centerpiece is a day-long trivia challenge. Beginning at 12 a.m. ET, an Alien-themed trivia question will be posted to the @AlienAnthology Twitter account every 42.6 minutes. Thirty-five questions will be posed over the course of the day, and each offers fans to win one of a varied list of prizes, including an Alien Internecivus Raptus statue from Sideshow Collectibles ($500), Reebok’s Alien Stomper sneakers ($175), and Hollywood Collectibles’ Aliens Power Loader Vehicle replica ($2,000). To participate, fans must pre-register their Twitter handles at AlienAnthology.com, “reply” to the corresponding tweet with the correct answer using the hashtags #AlienDay426 and #Contest. Official rules are available on the website.
See more information on some of the prizes below:
- Reebok Alien Stomper — One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley, as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henriksen as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark ALIEN DAY. The iconic movie sneakers will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide.
- NECA Action Figures – The first-ever Private Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure, as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure, will be available to honor the day.
- ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch a digital pinball 3 pack via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
- Funko LLC Figure Set – An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series debuts from Funko.
- Dark Horse Comics ALIENS Comic Book Series – Dark Horse expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986.
- Alien: Invasion Novel – Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon.
- Alien: Out of the Shadows Audio Drama – Audible launches this brand new audio drama starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role with Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) in a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
Elsewhere, Alien is returning to select Drafthouse theaters in 20 cities, including New York, Dallas, and Los Angeles. Many tickets are sold out, though you can check the Drafthouse website to see available screenings. Special screenings of Aliens will also be held in New York and Los Angeles; the one in the Big Apple will be held at New York City’s Town Hall and feature an appearance by Sigourney Weaver (Ripley), while the one in L.A. will be hosted out of the Theatre at Ace Hotel and include a Q&A with Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Carrie Henn (Newt).