Since filming began on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we have brought you 23 articles featuring behind-the-scenes photos. Today, that has come to a close as director Marc Webb has announced on his Twitter page, “That’s a wrap. Thanks!” Whether that’s really a wrap on him posting set photos remains to be seen. There’s still a lengthy post-production on the way, and Webb could still tweet photos from the editing room, visual effects department, and more. However, the time for the leaked set photos has come to a close on this lengthy shoot. For those who don’t know, 100 days is a longer-than-average time to shoot a film, and Webb finished it off with a flourish by posting a brief video of Andrew Garfield perched atop a building, looking over the city. Take that, random citizen with a cell phone camera.
Hit the jump to check out the video. The film also stars Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giamatti, Felicity Jones, Chris Cooper, and Sally Field. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2, 2014.
Via Marc Webb.
Click here to catch up on all our Spider-Man coverage, or browse recent links below:
- Mary Jane Cut from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Role May Be Recast
- Has Felicity Jones Confirmed Who She’s Playing THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2?
- Jamie Foxx Explains His Max Dillon Comb-Over and Teases Electro’s Voice from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey and Gwen Stacy Go for a Swing in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- More Pre-CG Rhino Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Featuring Paul Giamatti
- Spidey Answers the Call in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey and Paul Giamatti’s Rhino Square Off in New Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey Has to Catch a Bus in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Marc Webb Tweets Clear Image of Paul Giamatti as The Rhino in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos Possibly Reveal Major Spoiler
- New THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos and Video Featuring Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx
- First Look at Jamie Foxx as Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New Behind-the-Scenes Images from THE WOLVERINE and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Set Photo of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
Here’s the official synopsis for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.