With production currently underway in New York on director Marc Webb’s sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we’ve seen our fair share of grainy set photos. We hadn’t really gotten a look at anything super revealing, but then last week images surfaced of a very different looking Jamie Foxx as the pic’s villain Electro. The actor was covered head to toe in blue body paint and was sporting some luminous markings on his skin, making for a rather unique take on the comics character. Now that those images are out there, Webb has decided to share some official images of the actor in character as well as our first look at Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn.
Hit the jump for more, including the images. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2, 2014.
The image of Foxx is of his character, Maxwell Dillon, before his physical transformation into Electro, and Dillon appears to have quite the fascination with Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man. Foxx previously revealed quite a bit about Dillon’s backstory, noting that “his whole life is just no one talking to him,” and saying that he somehow thinks that he’s Spidey’s partner. Naturally, things take a dark turn.
As for DeHaan, his Harry Osborn appears to be a rather sophisticated gentleman. I’m really looking forward to seeing his take on the character, as DeHaan is proving to be one of the more exciting young talents working today with impressive turns in Chronicle and The Place Beyond the Pines and a really powerful performance in the Sundance hit Kill Your Darlings, which opens later this year.
Ladies & Gentleman, FanBoys & FanGirls of all ages: I give you The #Amazing Harry Osborn.
Day 52. My name is Max.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Click here to catch up on all of our Amazing Spider-Man 2 coverage, or peruse the recent links below.
- More Photos of Jamie Foxx as Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- First Look at Jamie Foxx as Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New Behind-the-Scenes Images from THE WOLVERINE and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New Images from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Reveal a Massive Times Square Set
- Marc Webb Reveals THE OFFICE Star BJ Novak Is in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 with Latest Set Image
- New Images from Guillermo del Toro’s PACIFIC RIM and Marc Webb’s THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- First Image of Colm Feore in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Set Photo of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley Film First Scene Together in Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Dane DeHaan Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Says the Script is “Epic” and “People Are Going to Love It”
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Images and Video Feature Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane, the Daily Bugle and an Upside-Down Car Stunt
- More Set Images from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Show the First Look at Sally Field, Plus Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker
- First Look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 [Updated with Images of Spidey and Andrew Garfield]
- Chris Cooper to Play Norman Osborn in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Check Out Spidey’s New Costume for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2