In earlier set photos from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we’ve seen the Rhino (Paul Giamatti) face off against Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), and getting pantsed for his trouble. New set photos show that the Rhino may be retaliating with some kind of exoskeleton. You’ll notice that most of the Rhino’s prison tattoos are gone, so this scene could takes place before the stuff we’ve seen, or other parts of the suit are coming to cover up Giamatti (no need to do the makeup if no one’s going to see it). There are also some images of our hero hanging out with a kid dressed as Spider-Man. I don’t know if that’s an actor or a Make-a-Wish thing, but either way: adorable (although the latter has some sadness attached to the adorableness).
Hit the jump to check out the set photos. The film also stars Emma Stone, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Felicity Jones, Chris Cooper, and Sally Field. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2, 2014.Via SHH.
Click here to catch up on all our Spider-Man coverage, or browse recent links below:
- Spidey Answers the Call in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey and Paul Giamatti’s Rhino Square Off in New Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey Has to Catch a Bus in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Marc Webb Tweets Clear Image of Paul Giamatti as The Rhino in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos Possibly Reveal Major Spoiler
- New THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos and Video Featuring Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx
- First Look at Jamie Foxx as Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New Behind-the-Scenes Images from THE WOLVERINE and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Set Photo of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley Film First Scene Together in Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Dane DeHaan Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Says the Script is “Epic” and “People Are Going to Love It”
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Images and Video Feature Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane, the Daily Bugle and an Upside-Down Car Stunt
- First Look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 [Updated with Images of Spidey and Andrew Garfield]
Here’s the official synopsis for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.