There aren’t many surprises left when it comes to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx). We’ve seen him as the meek, pre-Electro Max Dillon, and we’ve seen his blue, veiny visage as Electro. Now we’ve learned what his voice will sound like as the mutated baddie. But before he gave the audience at The Tonight Show a sample of his vocal work, he explained Dillon’s wretched hairstyle. “My sister is my hair stylist and she created the ‘Django’ look; Ray Charles and things like that.” When it came to Dillon, Foxx explained, “When I’m the nerd guy, I want to be the first black man with a comb-over. I told her, ‘Make me look like I would look if I never made it.'” The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be truly groundbreaking when it comes to African-American hairstyles.
Hit the jump to hear how Electro will sound. The film also stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giamatti, Felicity Jones, Chris Cooper, and Sally Field. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2, 2014.
Click here to catch up on all our Spider-Man coverage, or browse recent links below:
- Spidey and Gwen Stacy Go for a Swing in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- More Pre-CG Rhino Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Featuring Paul Giamatti
- Spidey Answers the Call in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey and Paul Giamatti’s Rhino Square Off in New Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Spidey Has to Catch a Bus in New Set Photos from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Marc Webb Tweets Clear Image of Paul Giamatti as The Rhino in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos Possibly Reveal Major Spoiler
- New THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos and Video Featuring Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx
- First Look at Jamie Foxx as Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- New Behind-the-Scenes Images from THE WOLVERINE and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Set Photo of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley Film First Scene Together in Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Dane DeHaan Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Says the Script is “Epic” and “People Are Going to Love It”
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Images and Video Feature Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane, the Daily Bugle and an Upside-Down Car Stunt
Here’s the official synopsis for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.