The second season of the FX anthology series American Horror Story (subtitled Asylum) debuts this October, and we now finally have our first look at the new cast. A slew of images and character information has gone online, giving us details about the characters played by Jessica Lange, Adam Levine, Zachary Quinto, Joseph Fiennes and more. Co-creator Ryan Murphy already revealed that actors returning from last season would be playing entirely different characters this year, so after the jump you can take a look at Lange, Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe in their brand new roles. For those unaware, Asylum moves the creepy action from a California murder house to a mental institution in Massachusetts called Briarcliff.
Hit the jump to check out the images and character info, along with another creepy teaser trailer. American Horror Story: Asylum debuts in October.
Here’s a brief rundown of the new cast of characters, per EW:
- Jessica Lange – Sister Jude, a nun who’s “more sadistic than saintly.”
- Zachary Quinto – Dr. Thredson, a psychiatrist who butts heads with Sister Jude over his forward-thinking ways.
- James Cromwell – Dr. Arden, a doctor whose sadistic experiments created a group of mutated humans known as the Raspers.
- Lily Rabe – Sister Eunice, second-in-command to Sister Jude.
- Joseph Fiennes – Monsignor Timothy O’Hara, Sister Jude’s superior and the object of her affections.
- Adam Levine – Leo, one half of a newlywed couple visiting modern-day Briarcliff.
- Jenna Dewan Tatum – Teresa, the bride of Adam Levine’s character.
- Evan Peters – Kit, a new Briarcliff inmate who is accused of murdering his wife.
- Sarah Paulson – Lana, a lesbian journalist who is committed by her girlfriend after she “nearly exposes Briarcliff’s darkest secrets.”
- Chloe Sevigny – Shelley, a mysterious nymphomaniac.
Here’s the new teaser trailer, followed by the images.