Last week we reported that Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott, and Eugene Levy were on board for the new American Pie sequel, American Reunion. We also learned that negotiations were underway for original cast members Thomas Ian Nicholas, Tara Reid, Chris Klein, Mena Suvari, and Jennifer Coolidge to return. While we already knew that the plot would center on a high-school reunion (it used to be about the pie, man), new details have surfaced that highlight what the individual characters are up to. Hit the jump if you’ve laid awake at night wondering if Steve Stifler found happiness.
According to What’s Playing, here’s what the main characters* are up to (spoilers, obviously):
- Jim (Jason Biggs) is still married to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), but his next-door neighbor Kara has a crush on him. ” Marco wants to kill Jim. He’s been dating Kara for quite a while but now his woman only has eyes for the “pie f*cker”!” Jim is also a YouTube sensation because of his unintentional web-show with Nadia from the film first film.
- Stifler‘s (Seann William Scott) fortunes have declined. He’s working as a temp for a boss that refers to him as “his bitch”. He’s also not having much luck with the ladies, but when he returns home, he manages to score with Laurie, a former hottie who is now 80 pounds heavier. He’s supposed to be working the weekend he’s at the reunion and attempts to keep up the ruse throughout the movie.
- Oz (Chris Klein) “has hit the big time as a contestant on a Dancing with the Stars-type show. He also lives in a pricey Malibu mansion. He returns home a big-shot.” However, his girlfriend Mia appears to be a gold-digger.
- Heather (Mena Suvari) is dating a 40-year-old surgeon who tries to act younger than he is.
- Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas) scores with Trish, a “smokin’ hottie bartender” who used to go to band camp with Michelle. Stifler’s Mom (Jennifer Coolidge) will also make an appearance.
What’s Playing says that the new film “seems to embody the heart that was present in the first film but missing in the sequels.” And if you can’t find the heart in Stifler suffering the indignity of having sex with an obese woman, then you must be dead inside.
*I’ve put the actor who originally played the character even though the only actors currently confirmed for American Reunion are Biggs, Scott, and Levy.