Six new posters for our Friday round-up. Here they are at a glance:
- American Reunion – In this fourth installment in the American Pie franchise, Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott, Alyson Hannigan, Chris Klein and more meet up for their characters’ high school reunion.
- Cabin in the Woods – Written by Joss Whedon and written/directed by David Goddard, this movie, starring Chris Hemsworth, Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford, follows five friends camping at a remote cabin; bad things happen.
- Lockout – From Luc Besson, this sci-fi actioner follows Guy Pearce as he attempts to rescue Maggie Grace from an outer space, maximum security prison.
- Safe – Jason Statham must rescue a young Chinese girl from Mafia thugs, coax a secret safe combination out of her and use it to outsmart the Russian mob, the Chinese Triad and corrupt NYC officials.
- Bel Ami – Robert Pattinson stars in this 1890s period piece in which he uses his powers of seduction to rise from rags to riches; also stars Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci and Colm Meaney.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting – A look at five connected couples expecting a child and the twists of fate that life delivers each of them. Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick, Cameron Diaz, Dennis Quaid, Jennifer Lopez, Rodrigo Santoro and more star.
Hit the jump to view the posters and synopses.
The following posters are courtesy of IMPAwards:
American Reunion is in theaters now.
In the comedy American Reunion, all the American Pie characters we met a little more than a decade ago are returning to East Great Falls for their high-school reunion. In one long-overdue weekend, they will discover what has changed, who hasn’t and that time and distance can’t break the bonds of friendship. It was summer 1999 when four small-town Michigan boys began a quest to lose their virginity. In the years that have passed, Jim and Michelle married while Kevin and Vicky said goodbye. Oz and Heather grew apart, but Finch still longs for Stifler’s mom. Now these lifelong friends have come home as adults to reminisce about—and get inspired by—the hormonal teens who launched a comedy legend.
CABIN IN THE WOODS
Cabin in the Woods opens April 13th. Check out the Mondo poster below:
Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen.
Lockout opens April 13th. Check out two international posters below:
Starring Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace and set in the near future, LOCKOUT follows a falsely convicted ex- government agent (Pearce), whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President’s daughter (Grace) from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum security prison.
Safe opens April 27th. Check out the German poster below:
A second-rate cage fighter on the mixed martial arts circuit, Luke Wright lives a numbing life of routine beatings and chump change…until the day he blows a rigged fight. Wanting to make an example of him, the Russian Mafia murders his family and banishes him from his life forever, leaving Luke to wander the streets of New York destitute, haunted by guilt, and tormented by the knowledge that he will always be watched, and anyone he develops a relationship with will also be killed.
But when he witnesses a frightened twelve-year-old Chinese girl, Mei, being pursued by the same gangsters who killed his wife, Luke impulsively jumps to action…and straight into the heart of a deadly high-stakes war. Mei, he discovers, is no ordinary girl, but an orphaned math prodigy forced to work for the Triads as a “counter.” He discovers she holds in her memory a priceless numerical code that the Triads, the Russian mob and a corrupt faction of the NYPD will kill for.
Realizing he’s the only person Mei can trust, Luke tears a swath through the city’s brutal underworld to save an innocent girl’s life…and perhaps even redeem his own.
Bel Ami opens June 8th.
Bel Ami is the story of Georges Duroy (Pattinson), who travels through 1890s Paris, from cockroach ridden garrets to opulent salons, using his wits and powers of seduction to rise from poverty to wealth, from a prostitute’s embrace to passionate trysts with wealthy beauties, in a world where politics and media jostle for influence, where sex is power and celebrity an obsession.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING
What to Expect When You’re Expecting opens May 18th.
Over the moon about starting a family, TV fitness guru Jules and dance show star Evan find that their high-octane celebrity lives don’t stand a chance against the surprise demands of pregnancy. Baby-crazy author and advocate Wendy gets a taste of her own militant mommy advice when pregnancy hormones ravage her body; while Wendy’s husband, Gary, struggles not to be outdone by his competitive alpha-Dad, who’s expecting twins with his much younger trophy wife, Skyler. Photographer Holly is prepared to travel the globe to adopt a child, but her husband Alex isn’t so sure, and tries to quiet his panic by attending a “dudes” support group, where new fathers get to tell it like it really is. And rival food truck chefs Rosie and Marco’s surprise hook-up results in an unexpected quandary: what to do when your first child comes before your first date?