Now playing in limited release and expanding nationwide December 20th is director David O. Russell’s comedic drama American Hustle. The story is based on the Abscam sting operation that uncovered widespread political corruption in the late 1970s, and Russell’s fantastic ensemble cast is led by Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jeremy Renner. The film is definitely an awards contender, landing a Best Picture award from the New York Critics Circle and many nominations from a number of other groups, including the Golden Globes and the Screen Actors Guild. While the holidays are filled with a lot of choices, American Hustle should definitely be on your list. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
At the recent New York City press junket I landed an exclusive video interview with Amy Adams. She talked about how she got involved in the project, what it was like to work with Russell and Bale, her costumes, when she found out that Wonder Woman would be part of Batman vs. Superman, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Was it an immediate yes when David called her to be in the film?
- What is it like to work with David O. Russell because he has an interesting way of working.
- What was it like working with Christian Bale?
- Talks about the costumes and how she had to try on tons before filming began.
- When did she know Wonder Woman would be in the Man of Steel sequel and when does she start to film?