We interrupt your regularly-scheduled Mayan apocalypse plans to bring you a very important announcement: Paramount has set a release date of December 20, 2013 for Anchorman: The Legend Continues. The sequel to 2004′s Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy will feature the return of director Adam McKay and principal actors Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner. The story will once again center on some of San Diego’s zaniest newspeople, but will now see them amid the culture of the 24-hour news cycle. Oh and there will totally be a fully-choreographed musical number. Hit the jump for more.
It’s official. Anchorman 2 has a release date: December 20, 2013. Very excited.
To get caught up on Anchorman 2, check out all of our previous and ongoing coverage at the following links:
- Kristen Wiig May Join ANCHORMAN 2 as Steve Carell’s Love Interest; Release Date Set for October 2013?
- Adam McKay Reveals ANCHORMAN 2 to Feature a Choreographed Musical Number, Plus Plot Details and More
- First Teaser Trailers for ANCHORMAN 2
- First Poster for ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES!
- Writer/Director Adam McKay Talks ANCHORMAN 2 Teaser Trailer; Reveals Sequel Will Not Include Ghost Rider Cameo
- Adam McKay Talks ANCHORMAN 2; Film Might Take Place at the Dawn of the 24-Hour News Cycle
- Director Adam McKay Drops a Couple Hints about ANCHORMAN 2 [Updated]