Joeseph Kosinski‘s new Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman starrer Oblivion is the rarest of all things, a big budget scifi film aimed squarely at adults. While the trailers might seem like they give away the whole movie, I assure you they only scratch the surface. Things get really weird and far more ambitious than the I Am Legend-style one sheet implies.
Last week, Collide sat down with Olga Kurylenko and Andrea Riseborough to discuss their surprising and twist-filled roles. During the interview they talked about shooting in Iceland, wanting to switch parts, the massive and elaborate sets and much more.
Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko:
- One of them is always on the platform and one is on the ground. Did they ever want to switch roles?
- How much did their shooting schedules overlap? Were they both in Iceland?
- They talk about how they shot in Iceland and everything was built (practical)
- Deleted dialogue talk. They also talk about the script.
- How much of the drones in the film were built and how much was CG
- How they shot 98% of the film without green screen