With director Mark Waters new family film, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, opening today, I was recently able to speak with Angela Lansbury. In the film, she plays the owner of Tavern on the Green in New York City and Jim Carrey plays a divorced New York real estate developer who wants to purchase the property.
During the interview, we talked about how she got involved in the film, how much of herself did she bring to her character, did she get a lifetime pass for Disneyland after the success of Beauty and the Beast, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch. Mr. Popper’s Penguins also stars Carla Gugino, Clark Gregg and Madeline Carroll.
- Did she get a lifetime pass for Disneyland after being a part of Beauty and the Beast
- Does she now get to go to Tavern on the Green for free as she played the owner. She tells me it’s actually closed
- Talks about working in Hollywood for the past few decades
- Says that when she was first approached for the movie, she said no. Explains what got her to change her mind
- How did she bring herself into her character