Yesterday, we got the first official Ant-Man image, and it was a savvy move since filming has begun, and now plenty of unofficial official images and video have landed online. I’m glad our first look at Paul Rudd as Scott Lang wasn’t a grainy Instagram photos. But if you’re into those, you now have plenty to enjoy as the movie is shooting on location in San Francisco. There’s nothing particularly amazing about these photos—no crashes; no explosions; no Paul Rudd riding around on ants. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is on set, so that’s nice I suppose.
Hit the jump to check out the Ant-Man set images and videos. The film also stars Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Peña, Abby Ryder Fortson, Judy Greer, David Dastmalchian, Wood Harris, Gregg Turkington, T.I., and John Slattery. Ant-Man opens July 17, 2015.
Via Instagram via CBM.
Here’s the official synopsis for Ant-Man:
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Additionally, Corey Stoll plays Pym’s star employee Darren Cross (Corey Stoll), aka Yellowjacket, who wants the Ant-Man suit for nefarious purposes, and Lilly co-stars as Pym’s daughter, Hope Van Dyne.
For more of our Ant-Man coverage, click on the following links:
- ANT-MAN Begins Production Today in San Francisco before Moving to Atlanta; John Slattery, Judy Greer, and More Added to Cast
- ANT-MAN Connection to the Larger Marvel Cinematic Universe Possibly Revealed
- Corey Stoll Talks ANT-MAN, Playing Yellowjacket, the Script, Working With Michael Douglas and More at Comic-Con
- ANT-MAN Director Peyton Reed Talks Stepping Into Edgar Wright’s Shoes, the State of the Script and the Film’s Villains at Comic-Con
- Paul Rudd Talks ANT-MAN Script at Comic-Con; Reveals He’s Been Working with Adam McKay ‘Every Day for Six Weeks’