With director Steven Soderbergh’s spy-action pic Haywire opening January 20th, this past weekend I got to sit down with most of the cast to talk about making the movie. Starring MMA fighter Gina Carano as a burned spy who takes revenge against her handlers, Haywire also stars Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas, and Bill Paxton. I’ve seen Haywire twice now and it’s fantastic. On top of Carano’s star-making performance, the action scenes are some of the best I’ve seen in years. It’s absolutely something you should see in a theater.
During my interview with Banderas we talked about how he got involved in Haywire, his feelings on not being involved in more of the action scenes, karaoke, his home recording studio, and what’s up with the Puss in Boots sequel. In addition, he talked about a sci-fi project that he’s developing (called Solo) which he would direct, produce and star in. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, if you missed my video interview with Channing Tatum, click here.
- We talk about my t-shirt
- What is his karaoke song. Talks about his in home studio.
- Was he disappointed he didn’t get to run across any rooftops in Haywire
- Talks about how he got involved in Haywire
- What’s up with a Puss in Boots sequel
- Solo talk. It’s an original sci-fi idea that he wants to direct, act in and produce