Here’s a list of the new posters we have to share with you today:
- Argo, from director and star Ben Affleck, and featuring co-star Bryan Cranston. This new poster comes in addition to the previous character posters we put up earlier. Argo opens October 12th.
- Rise of the Guardians, an animated film and feature debut from director Peter Ramsey showcases the voices of Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher and Jude Law and opens November 21st.
- A UK poster for The Sessions, Ben Lewin’s drama starring John Hawkes, Helen Hunt and William H. Macy. The Sessions opens October 19th.
- Kathryn Bigelow’s Osama bin Laden assassination pic, Zero Dark Thirty, stars Chris Pratt, Jessica Chastain and Joel Edgerton and opens December 19th.
- Michael J. Gallagher’s horror-thriller Smiley stars Caitlin Gerard, Melanie Papalia and Shane Dawson and opens October 12th.
- Finally, Parker, starring Jason Statham as a thief with a code of honor, also stars Jennifer Lopez, Michael Chiklis and Nick Nolte. Parker opens January 25th of 2013.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses.
Official synopsis for Argo:
Based on true events, “Argo” chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis—the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez (Affleck) comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country. A plan so incredible, it could only happen in the movies.
Official synopsis for Rise of the Guardians:
RISE OF THE GUARDIANS is an epic and magical adventure that tells the story of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and Jack Frost – legendary characters with previously unknown extraordinary abilities. When an evil spirit known as Pitch lays down the gauntlet to take over the world, the immortal Guardians must join forces to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children everywhere.
Official synopsis for The Sessions:
Based on the poignantly optimistic autobiographical writings of California-based journalist and poet Mark O’Brien, THE SESSIONS tells the story of a man confined to an iron lung who is determined–at age 38–to lose his virginity. With the help of his therapists and the guidance of his priest, he sets out to make his dream a reality.
Here’s the official synopsis for Smiley:
The story of the film follows a mentally fragile college student named Ashley (Caitlin Gerard from “Magic Mike” and “The Social Network”) who, after learning of an urban legend in which a mysterious serial killer named “Smiley” can be summoned through the Internet, must decide whether she is losing her mind or becoming Smiley‘s next victim.” Smiley also stars Melanie Papalia (“Endgame”) and Andrew James Allen (“Make It or Break It”), with Roger Bart (“Desperate Housewives”), Keith David (“The Thing”) and Liza Weil (“Scandal”) rounding out the cast.
Here’s the official synopsis for Parker:
Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez team up to get their cut in the crime thriller, PARKER, based on the series of bestselling novels by Donald E. Westlake.
Parker (Jason Statham) is a professional thief who lives by a personal code of ethics: Don’t steal from people who can’t afford it and don’t hurt people who don’t deserve it. But on his latest heist, his crew double crosses him, steals his stash, and leaves him for dead.
Determined to make sure they regret it, Parker tracks them to Palm Beach, playground of the rich and famous, where the crew is planning their biggest heist ever. Donning the disguise of a rich Texan, Parker takes on an unlikely partner, Leslie (Jennifer Lopez), a savvy insider, who’s short on cash, but big on looks, smarts and ambition. Together, they devise a plan to hijack the score, take everyone down and get away clean.
PARKER is directed by Academy Award nominee Taylor Hackford (“Ray”) and also stars Michael Chiklis, Wendell Pierce (HBO’s “The Wire”) and Academy Award nominee Nick Nolte.