With director Lee Toland Krieger‘s romantic comedy/drama Celeste and Jesse Forever opening this weekend, I recently got to talk with Ari Graynor. In the film, Andy Samberg stars with Rashida Jones as a divorcing couple who are having trouble maintaining their intense friendship while living together and pursuing other relationships. In addition, Jones co-wrote the script with Will McCormack, and it’s a great mix of realistic comedy and drama. It’s definitely recommended. Celeste and Jesse also stars Elijah Wood, Chris Messina and Emma Roberts.
During my interview with Graynor we talked about making Celeste and Jesse Forever, how they found the realistic tone on set, Dunkin Donuts, and will she make a final appearance on Fringe. Hit the jump to watch.
- She lives in both New York and Los Angeles. Dunkin Donuts
- 0:50 – Talks about hearing from Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, reading their script, and joining the project.
- 1:30 – Jones, McCormack, and director Lee Toland Krieger left room for the actors to find their character.
- 2:10 – Talks about how the chemistry on set helped balance the tones of the movie realistically.
- 3:10 – Regarding an appearance for her character in the last season of Fringe, she says, “I think that ship has sailed… but you never know.”