The CW released the first Arrow season 3 trailer on Friday. On Saturday, Stephen Amell announced that Ra’s al Ghul will be the big bad in season 3, so The CW has released a new extended trailer that adds about 30 seconds of Ra’s al Ghul footage at the end of the clip. Ra’s al Ghul was referenced several times in season 2, so fans guessed this was coming. His presence in this footage is represented by camera pans across a faceless costume and ominous voice-over, so it will be interesting to see who the Arrow team casts as the immortal villain.
Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Wolland and Caity Lotz along with new cast members Peter Stormare, Devon Aoki and Brandon Routh, Arrow season 3 returns October 8. Check out the first look at Ra’s al Ghul after the jump.
Ra’s al Ghul is a radical international eco-terrorist who has been around for hundreds of years. He believes that the evils of humanity are a blight on our planet, and seeks to extinguish them through whatever means he deems necessary. Through an international cabal named the League of Assassins, he manipulates world events to achieve his own ends. This frequently puts him into conflict with the Batman, one of very few adversaries he deems worthy enough of himself, and who he has encouraged to marry his daughter Talia al Ghul. Although most of his power comes from his immense influence, he is also a formidable combatant, having the benefit of many lifetimes worth of experience and accumulated skill. Ra’s achieves his immortality through the ancient Lazarus Pits. His name literally translates to Demon’s Head, or Head of the Demon which is a comment on his character. [DC Comics Database]
Click here for all our Arrow coverage or browse the recent links below:
- Comic Con: Executive Producer/Writer Andrew Kreisberg Talks about the Debut of The CW’s New Superhero Series THE FLASH and Season 3 of ARROW
- Comic-Con: Stephen Amell Talks ARROW Season 3, When His Character Will Become ‘The Green Arrow,’ and Being Tired of Talking about ‘Justice League’
- ARROW Comic-Con Panel Recap: Stephen Amell Reveals Ra’s Al Ghul to Be ARROW’S Season Three ‘Big Bad’ Plus Another New Addition
- Producer Andrew Kreisberg Talks ARROW, THE FLASH, the Crossover Episodes, How the Two Shows Differ From One Another, and More
- The CW Planning 2-Hour THE FLASH/ARROW Crossover Event