This weekend, we got our first unofficial look at the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie by way of a promo poster from the upcoming Licensing Expo. It wasn’t an incredibly revealing look at the film, nor was it an official piece of marketing material from 20th Century Fox, but given that the Michael Fassbender-fronted video game adaptation is highly anticipated by many, it was somewhat exciting.
Now that the Licensing Expo is in full swing in Las Vegas, Steve has snapped some photos of a few more different versions of the promo poster that were hanging around the expo floor. It’s essentially just variations of eagle poses, but again, it’s the Assassin’s Creed movie.
Justin Kurzel, who directed Fassbender in the fantastic-looking upcoming adaptation of Macbeth, is helming Assassin’s Creed with Marion Cotillard set to co-star alongside Fassbender and Ex Machina actress Alicia Vikander also up for a role. Production is expected to begin this summer, so hopefully we’ll see some official artwork from Fox later this year. The film is slated for release on December 21, 2016.
For now, take a look at Steve’s photos of the promo posters, via Ubisoft, below. And Click here for all of our Assassin’s Creed movie coverage.
For more of our Licensing Expo coverage, click on the links below:
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Official Synopsis Revealed
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: 16 High-Resolution Batmobile Pictures, Plus Specs
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: 12 Pictures of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman Costumes
- FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM and Spielberg’s THE BFG Logos Revealed
- First POWER RANGERS and GODS OF EGYPT Logos Revealed
- THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS: 8 Posters Reveal Illumination’s New Animated Film