On the final day of ShoWest, Avatar producer Jon Landau talked to the press about the upcoming Avatar DVD/Blu-ray, what’s the status of Avatar 2, the re-release of Avatar in theaters, deleted scenes being put back into the movie, and 3D.
The main points were:
- They are focusing on the special edition Blu-ray as the place for deleted scenes to go back into the movie. They don’t want 5 or 10 second clips. They want to find entire scenes to put back in.
- Said they are only going to make Avatar 2 if Cameron writes a script they are happy with.
- Nothing is certain about an Avatar re-release in theaters.
- Not sure what they are doing next.
Hit the jump for the video:
- The status of rereleasing Avatar in theaters and what would they want to put back into the movie – what deleted scenes
- They are focusing on the deleted scenes for the home video market
- They want to find complete scenes to add back in not just 10 second scenes
- Does he envision an extended cut for the special edition DVD/Blu-ray
- 2:28 – Is there enough time to do The Dive before Avatar 2 – they are only going to make an Avatar 2 if they are happy with the script.
- 3:40 – 3D talk