The first Avengers: Age of Ultron image has now landed online…officially. Yes, onlookers previously snapped shots of Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen filming an action sequence from the Marvel sequel a few weeks ago, and we’ve recently seen a few videos featuring Captain America, but today the first official image from the set has arrived courtesy of the one and only Robert Downey Jr. The actor started up a Twitter account recently, and today he took the opportunity to provide a “sneak peek” at Avengers: Age of Ultron with a snapshot that also includes executive producer Jeremy Latcham. There’s not really much to see, as both are wearing reflective vests likely due to the hazardous nature of the scene that was being filmed, but it serves as a fun “heads up” that the actor might be regularly sharing images from the Avengers 2 set.
Hit the jump to check out the set image. Written and directed by Joss Whedon, the film also stars Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, James Spader, Paul Bettany, and Thomas Kretschmann. Avengers: Age of Ultron opens in theaters on May 1, 2015.
Avengers: Age of Ultron image via Robert Downey Jr.’s Twitter.
Click here to catch up on all of our Avengers: Age of Ultron coverage, or peruse our recent links below:
- 4 New Videos from the Set of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Featuring Captain America
- New Video from the Set of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Shows Off Captain America’s New Costume
- High-Quality AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Set Photos Offer Better Looks at Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
- First Look at AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Concept Art
- Kevin Feige Talks James Spader’s Performance as Ultron in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON