With principal photography on the Marvel sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron set to get underway in just a few weeks, the recent news that actress Scarlett Johansson is pregnant had some wondering whether it would impact the production. Last week, we heard that Marvel planned on “fast-tracking” Johansson’s scenes as Black Widow, which would ensure that the actress could complete her portion of filming in a timely manner.
When Steve was speaking with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently in anticipation of the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which also stars Johansson), the executive spoke about moving forward with Age of Ultron in the wake of this news. Feige said that while they have done a bit of rearranging with the shooting schedule, the script hasn’t changed one bit. Hit the jump for more.
“Well my first reaction was I was very happy for her and very excited for her, and my second reaction was we’ve gotta move some pieces on the chess board around schedule-wise. But we didn’t change the script at all, which is sort of the most important things for us in terms of the storyline. I think the goal is for us to sit here talking about the fact that you would never know that Black Widow was pregnant during the filming of the movie when you see the final version of Avengers 2.”
Watch this portion of Steve’s interview with Feige below, followed by links to all of the tidbits we gleaned from the Winter Soldier actors at the film’s recent press junket. Avengers: Age of Ultron opens May 1, 2015.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script and Joss Whedon; Says Film Makes Marvel Universe Feel “Very Close-Knit”
- Directors Joe & Anthony Russo Confirm They’ll Direct CAPTAIN AMERICA 3; Say They’re Breaking the Story Now and Taking Response to WINTER SOLDIER Under Consideration
- Joss Whedon Directed One of the Post-Credits Scenes in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
- Chris Evans Clears Up Marvel Contract Rumors; Says He’s Signed for Six Films and His THOR: THE DARK WORLD Cameo Didn’t Count
- Chris Evans Talks His Reaction to Reading Joss Whedon’s AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script