Avengers: Age of Ultron is currently filming out in the open in Italy, and so unofficial videos and images are leaking out. In addition to providing a look at Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson), and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), the scene shows people fleeing in terror, which includes explosions and the requisite appearances of “Man with Briefcase” and “Woman Holding Baby”. There’s also a metal humanoid, who is presumably the villain Ultron (James Spader) since you can see in one of the set photos they’re trying to cover him up with a black cloak in order to hide him until they’re ready for a proper unveiling. Since these photos have leaked, that attempt isn’t going so well. I’m also a little surprised there’s a practical Ultron on set since I assumed the entire character would be done entirely with motion capture and CGI. [Update: Check out higher quality photos here.]
Hit the jump to check out the images and video. The film also stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Bettany, and Mark Ruffalo. Avengers: Age of Ultron opens May 1, 2015.
For more of our Avengers: Age of Ultron coverage, click on the corresponding links below:
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON to Film at Cheongdam Bridge, Teheran Boulevard, and Gangnam Station in South Korea
- Kevin Feige Says the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script Hasn’t Changed “At All” Due to Scarlett Johansson’s Pregnancy
- Chris Evans Talks His Reaction to Reading Joss Whedon’s AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script
- Chris Hemsworth Talks THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON; Says Sequel Is “Bigger, More Exciting, and Crazier”
- THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON to Rearrange Shooting around Scarlett Johansson’s Pregnancy