Opening this weekend is director Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla. Produced by Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, the film is a new take on the classic monster and it’s loaded with an awesome cast led by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Juliette Binoche, and David Strathairn. For more on the film, watch a featurette on the new Godzilla roar, check out new images, watch 5 clips along with 11 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage, or click here for all of our previous coverage.
At last weekend’s New York City press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. They talked about their favorite moments from shooting Godzilla, going to Japan to promote the movie and the country’s culture that embraces its mythology, their reaction to seeing the finished film for the first time, the positive reviews, and more. Of course with Olsen and Taylor-Johnson currently working on Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, they also talked about working with Whedon, the set photos, singing multi-picture deals with Marvel, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- 0:05 – Olsen and Taylor-Johnson comment on the relief of getting positive reactions to the film from people.
- 2:00 – They reflect back on their favorite moments from shooting the film.
- 2:35 – They talk about going to Japan to promote the film and the country’s culture that embraces its mythology.
- 3:45 – They talk about their reaction on seeing the finished film for the first time and how they like to watch movies.
- 6:45 – They comment on Marvel’s multi-picture deals when they signed on for Avengers: Age of Ultron, plus a little bit of backstory on their characters.
- 7:50 – Taylor-Johnson starts to ask a question about his character’s accent.
- 8:45 – They talk about working with Joss Whedon.
- 9:50 – They comment on the amount of set photos for the Avengers film that are already out there.