There’s only one week left until The Avengers opens in theaters, but in case you haven’t heard about it, listen up. Marvel has managed to unite its greatest cinematic superheros (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Black Widow and, of course, Agent Coulson) onto one screen to battle the villainous Loki. We’ve posted so much material for you to enjoy that it’s easier to just click on this link right here to check out anything and everything at your leisure (or hit the jump to see where I’ve laid it all out for you, nice and neat). The Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Clark Gregg all united against poor old Tom Hiddleston (and his Leviathan). Hit the jump to check out the new images.
- Our previous recap of clips and featurettes
- Mondo posters for Black Widow and Hawkeye
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talks the additional Avengers scene, the status of Ant-Man, and who owns Qucksilver and The Scarlet Witch
- A roundup of the first reviews of the film
- Tom Hiddleston writes an editorial in defense of superhero movies
- Avengers-inspired art on display at Gallery1988
- A new clip featuring Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo and a Black Widow featurette
- A new clip featuring Clark Gregg and Chris Evans
- IMAX posters at midnight screenings.
- Commentary from Renner, Hiddleston, Gregg, Smulders and director Joss Whedon.
- Some sweet Mondo posters.
- An IMAX TV spot and a behind-the-scenes featurette.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Avengers:
Marvel Studios presents in association with Paramount Pictures “Marvel’s The Avengers”–the Super Hero team up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, and directed by Joss Whedon, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since. Prepare yourself for an exciting event movie, packed with action and spectacular special effects, when “Marvel’s The Avengers” assemble in summer 2012. In “Marvel’s The Avengers,” superheroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.