‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Runtime Revealed [Updated]
[Update: AMC has now pulled down the runtime, although Fandango echoes the previously reported time of 2 hour, 36 minutes. Thanks to Rob from ScreenRant for the heads up. We’ll update this article again once Disney announces a locked runtime.]
We all knew Avengers: Infinity War would be long. Captain America: Civil War had the most superheroes to date, and that one ran 2 hours and 27 minutes. Now AMC has released the runtime for Infinity War [via Dark Horizons], and unsurprisingly, it’s the longest Marvel movie to date (which is what co-director Joe Russo told us at Comic-Con last year). The film carries a run time of 2 hours and 36 minutes, and you will sit through every single one of those minutes on the off chance there’s something important after the credits roll.
- Iron Man - 2 hours, 6 minutes
- The Incredible Hulk – 1 hour, 52 minutes
- Iron Man 2 – 2 hours, 4 minutes
- Thor – 1 hour, 55 minutes
- Captain America: The First Avenger – 2 hours, 4 minutes
- The Avengers – 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Iron Man 3 – 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Thor: The Dark World – 1 hour, 52 minutes
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy – 2 hours, 1 minute
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – 2 hours, 21 minutes
- Ant-Man – 1 hour, 57 minutes
- Captain America: Civil War – 2 hour, 27 minutes
- Doctor Strange – 1 hour, 55 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 – 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Thor: Ragnarok – 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Black Panther – 2 hours 14 minutes
The good news here is that as you can see, the solo superhero movies still come in around 2 hour and 10-20 minutes range, so it’s not like the Avengers films (and Civil War) have massively increased the runtime for all other Marvel movies. Also, it’s not like long runtimes are now an impediment to success as we’ve seen with films like Titanic and Avatar, which hover around the 3-hour mark. But even if Avengers: Infinity War ended up being 16 hours, we’d probably all end up seeing it at least once.
Avengers: Infinity War opens April 27th. The film stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Don Cheadle, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Paul Rudd, and Tom Hiddleston.
For more on Avengers: Infinity War, peruse our recent stories in the links below: