In Back to the Future Part II, Marty, Doc, and Jennifer traveled to 2015, and we still look at that film and like to complain about the non-existence of flying cars. But what about our power laces? Surely, we are lazy enough to demand that our shoes tie themselves, but technology has let us down. All I have is a small computer in my hand that can fetch almost any piece of information I want in a matter of seconds, but I’m still tying my shoes like a sucker. The closest we’ll be able to get to the wonderful dream of Marty’s future shoes is what HalloweenCostumes.com is offering. These official replicas don’t lace themselves, but they do light up, although you will need to charge them. That’s right: You have to charge your footwear so it will be able to light up for four hours. Be sure to have guests over when you’re charging your shoes because their bewildered looks are going to be priceless.
Hit the jump to check out images of the Back to the Future Part II shoes.
Click here to pre-order the shoes.
Here’s a list of the special features:
- Officially Licensed
- Recreates the style seen in Back to the Future II
- Hi-Top style with textured sole for traction
- Fits with an adjustable Velcro strap around ankle and elastic on top of shoe
- Shoes light up just like in the movie!
- Shoes charge up easily with included USB cable
- Measurements are of the OUTSIDE of the shoe, all sizes listed are in standard US sizes
- Lights light up on one side of the shoe only (on the outside)
- Battery life lasts up to 300 full cycles. Battery is not replaceable.
- Average length of charge is half an hour (time to charge from empty to full battery) Average length of life after charge is four continuous hours.
- Average life of LEDS is 80,000 hours.
Here’s an unboxing:
And here’s the clip from Back to the Future Part II where Marty puts on the shoes: