The bad boys are back! Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are all suited up for Bad Boys 3, filming early this year for a release on January 17, 2020. Officially titled Bad Boys for Life, the long-awaited threequel has Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (Black) set to direct from a script by Peter Craig, Joe Carnahan, and Chris Bremmer. Along with Smith and Lawrence returning to play lead detective Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett, respectively, Joe Pantoliano also returns as Captain Howard.
In addition to the returning core cast members, Alexander Ludwig (Vikings), Vanessa Hudgens (Rent: Live), and Charles Melton (Riverdale) are expected to join the Bad Boys franchise. The trio is part of “a modern, highly specialized police unit” that clashes with the old-school Old Guard of Mike and Marcus. Could a spin-off film be in the works to continue the franchise? We’ll have to see how audiences respond to the new recruits. Differences aside, we’re sure the Bad Boys and the New Kids will team up to take down a new threat that emerges in Miami, but just who that is and what their plan is remains to be seen.
Take a look at/listen to the first reveal of the title team in Bad Boys 3, courtesy of Smith’s Instagram account:
For more on Bad Boys 3, be sure to get caught up with our previous and continuing coverage linked below:
- ‘Bad Boys 4 Life’ Adds Alexander Ludwig, Vanessa Hudgens, and Charles Melton
- Watch: Will Smith and Martin Lawrence Reunite to Say ‘Bad Boys 3’ Is Officially Happening
- ‘Bad Boys 3′ is In the Works at Sony Pictures
- Sony Sets Release Dates for ‘Bad Boys for Life’ and ‘You Are My Friend’
- ‘Bad Boys for Life’ Lands New Directors; Eyes August Start Date