Opening this weekend is director Baltasar Kormakur‘s (Contraband) actioner 2 Guns. The film is based on the graphic novel of the same name and stars Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg as operatives from competing government bureaus who are disavowed and forced to go on the run together after a mission goes wrong. The film also stars Bill Paxton, Paula Patton, James Marsden, and Edward James Olmos. For more on 2 Guns, here’s the red band trailer and six clips.
At the recent New York City press day I got to speak with Kormakur. He talked about making 2 Guns, how it compared to his previous films, deleted scenes, what he collects, the status of HBO’s The Missionary, and more. In addition, with Kormakur hard at work prepping his next film Everest, he talked about the recent casting announcements, where and when they’re filming, could they use IMAX cameras, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
And if you missed our interview with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg, click here.
- Does he enjoy the promotional process
- What does he collect
- How was making 2 Guns compared to Contraband and his other films
- How challenging was it editing 2 Guns with the improv
- How long was his assembly cut.
- Deleted scenes talk.
- Says he asked for a few days of reshoots and got them. Talks about them.
- Status of HBO’s The Missionary
- Talks about casting Everest
- Where will they be filming Everest. Confirms they’re aiming to film in Nepal on Everest for part of the shoot.
- What are the chances of filming with IMAX cameras on Everest
- What is he going to make the actors to for prep for the film
- Says they will be filming from October to February or March